Atty. Francesco C. Britanico received his Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of the Philippines in 2006. He graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management majoring in Communications Technology Management, with a minor in International Business, in 2002.

His legal practice has been in litigation, family law, estate law, property and civil law, labor law, immigration law, administrative law, election law, constitutional law, criminal law, corporate law, and legal compliances.

Atty. Britanico has taught Property Law, Statutory Construction, Political Science and Introduction to Law in the Legal Studies program of the Lyceum of the Philippines University. He has also lectured on Political and Constitutional Law at the same university.

LinkedIn / contact@lawyerphilippines.org / +63920-948-9949 ; Viber ; Whatsapp

Recent Posts

Termination Due to Retrenchment

Business reverses happen to everyone. If these become severe enough, an employer may have to consider retrenching employees. But for legal as well as economic reasons, this is not a decision to be made lightly. Retrenchment in the Philippines is covered by Art 297 (formerly 282) of the Labor Code, the issuances of the Department … Continue reading Termination Due to Retrenchment

Termination due to AWOL, Tardiness or Abandonment

You’ve got an employee who’s frequently late and always absent on your hands, and are wondering if it’s possible to fire him under Philippine law. It is. I’ll explain below how and under what circumstances you need to do this. At the end of this post, you should have an idea of what the legal … Continue reading Termination due to AWOL, Tardiness or Abandonment

2018 Guide to Terminating Regularized Employees for the Philippine HR

If you are a HR practitioner in the Philippines, you know that it’s important to be familiar with the laws that regulate employee termination. While the laws grant that there are certain causes that lead to termination, they also protect an employee’s security of tenure. This requires that you know how to balance the needs … Continue reading 2018 Guide to Terminating Regularized Employees for the Philippine HR

Termination due to Illness (Philippines)

Philippine labor law is structured to give full protection to the rights of the workers. Consequently, there are specific, prescribed reasons and processes for validly terminating employment. The discussion below tackles valid termination due to health reasons. Contents Can You Terminate for Health Reasons? What diseases are covered? Certification from a Competent Health Authority Important … Continue reading Termination due to Illness (Philippines)

More Posts